Saturday, January 5, 2013

100 Days Of Weight Loss~~Day 5

100 DAYS OF WEIGHT LOSS--DAY 5

"MAGIC NOTEBOOK"

Get a magic notebook "For many people recording personal thoughts or actions each day provides a lot of insight. It also serves as an outlet for emotions and struggles around weight-loss efforts"
I think this is an easy statement to agree with. I mean most of the people is also writing their own journal and know what a valuable tool journaling can be.
Eat it another time! "Just because you think about a food doesn't mean you have to eat it!"
"When a food thought crosses your mind, remind yourself that you don't have to act on it! Instead, write down the name or even an decription of the food, then anticipate the pleasure of eating it sometime in the future."
Now, I have to say that at this point, I'm alot better off just dismissing a food as soon as I think about it. I quickly turn my thoughts to other things. But this technique might help some people. What do you, think? Are you better off recording your food cravings and analyzing them--or just turning the other check??
I like this next part bit though "Practice the skill of observing food cues, then letting them go. When you walk into a movie theater, notice the smell of popcorn, then forget about it. If it helps, record these cues in "Your Magic Notebook"!

TODAY..............

When ever you think about a particulare food you want, write it down in your notebook!
Plan that you'll eat it at another time. If you wish, add the amount you'll have and how often you'll fit it into your program.
1) Pizza
2) Chiness

Now this I think will be a great tool!
Stretch the times farther about for eating this food. You may discover that after awhile, certain foods don't seem as important as they once did.
Pizza---Only at get togethers for pay pre-view (wrestling) & Family get together
Chiness Food--My Birthday (may)

No comments:

Post a Comment