Monday, January 7, 2013

100 Days Of Weight Loss --Day 7

100 DAYS OF WEIGHT LOSS--DAY 7

MONDAY JANUARY 7, 2013

I CAN DO IT!!!

Practice saying the words "I CAN DO IT!" over and over.
Push them deep into you and use them as a powerful affirmation that you WILL succeed with your plan.

Today::::
"Write the words " I can do it".
Mentally remind yourself of this phrase at least 10 times today. Use this to cheerlead yourself!

I CAN DO IT! I CAN DO IT! I CAN DO IT! I CAN DO IT! I CAN DO IT! I CAN DO IT!

Write "I can do it because....." then a few supportive phrase such as "I'm capable of doing anything"

I CAN DO IT BECAUSE.........
{1} I have the help and support of my husband at home.
{2} I am focused, and have my goals firmly in front of me.
{3} I have the help of 100 days of weight loss" and the support of my friends
{4} I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
{5} Not doing it is NOT an option!!

Read your phrases after using them to reinforce your goals and build your enthusiasm.
Hmmm--"Enthusiasm" I think that's a huge key to success. I mean yeah, sometimes you have to "Just Do It", even when you don't feel like it, but imagine how few times you would have to "just do it" if you could maiintain your enthusiasm. But how does that work?!
Many programs, for weight loss and for goal setting in general talk about building your "why" or your "benefits list" or "advantages" if you should reach your goal. I have done this several times in the past, but I have never been good at keeping them in front of me. I think that's a change that i'm going to make!!
Enthusiasm is remembering WHY you'r doing what your doing.
Sometimes the motivation is in the doing, Success begets success. That is to say, you get off the couch, go for a walk or excercise and you feel good, and that feel good feeling motivates you to get off the couch the next day, and the next. I guess i'm back to what I said in the beginning--JUST DO IT !!

So heres the formula:::
Keep your enthusiasm high by cheering yourself on, and believing that you can do it!!
Keep your motivation high by focusing on the benefits, advantages the "why" of your goal!!
And when you lack either of those, keep doing it anyway, because in the doing, you'll find both those other things again....!!

No comments:

Post a Comment