Thursday, January 10, 2013

100 Days Of Weight Loss--Day 10

100 DAYS OF WEIGHT LOSS--DAY 10

THURSDAY JANUARY 10,2013

APPRECIATE GOOD SUPPORT

Getting support from others involves give and take. When people give you solid, helpful support, let them know you appreciate it. Be willing to talk about your goals and your plans for achieving them. Take time to share some of the stories about your progress, especially in areas that don't involve the numbers on a scale.
Remind people that what they can see is only a small part of your plan. Then tell them about what they can't see----how you've curbed your emotional eating, eliminated all the extra snacks.

LEARN TO RECEIVE COMPLIMENTS

Do you feel uncomfortable when you get noticed?! Me? Sure do.

Need to practice the art of accepting compliments and praise more graciously. It's easy to discount people's comments because of your own frustrations or opinions. But when you react to compliments in a negative way, it makes people think their support doesn't mean anything to you.
When someone offers you a genuine comment about your progress, try to respond warmly to the person who pays you the compliment. If people remark that you look greatbecause you've lost weight, don't minimize their words by saying, "Yes, but I still have such a long way to go."
Instead, use your response to affirm and appreciate the other person by saying something such as, "You can't imagine how much it means to hear you say that. Thank you!"

DON'T SET THEM UP!

Avoid hooking people with awkward questions that they can't answer honestly.

Like::
Does this dress make me look fat?
Can you tell if I lost any weight?
Does my fat stomach bother you?
People hate these questions!! They know you'll probably get upset with their answer or you'll even accuse them of not telling the truth. If you feel insecure or you struggle with your self-esteem, focus on dealing with these issues instead of punishing your support team.
During times when people get impatient about your progress, guide them on how to support you when you aren't doing well. Let them know it's not their fault-they aren't responsible for the changes you're making in your life.
Simply appreciate their concern by saying, "It's so nice to know that you'll be here for me when I'm ready to work on this."

Today........
Ask a friend or family member to compliment you on anything from your weight loss to your hair or clothes.
My husband JR compliments me everyday!! Telling me how beautiful I am, Telling me how proud he his of me on my weight loss and how i'm sticking to my diet.

Response.....
Thanks, You really don't know how much that means to me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment