Thursday, January 24, 2013

100 Days Of Weight Loss--Day 24

100 DAYS OF WEIGHT LOSS--DAY 24

THURSDAY JANUARY 24, 2013

EAT FOR SATISFACTION

Do you usally feel completely satisfied with food--or do you continue eating, hoping for just a little more happiness or enjoyment?
I'M USUALLY SATISFIED, BUT JUST EAT BECAUSE I'M BORED!
Do you ever finish one food and then search for something else because you still want to eat? SOMETIMES
If you typically reach for another bite or a second handful before you finish the first one, your food can't do it's job. For your brain to achieve satisfaction, you have to eat slowly, pay attention to the bites, and appreciate your food.

LET THE FOOD IN
Imagine drinking a delicious cup of coffee, tea, or hot chocolate.
As you sip on this hot beverage, you smile with pleasure.
The drink feels very soothing and nurturing, even comforting. The special treat reaches your soul, helping you feel relaxed and fulfilled.
Eating works the same way. If you're determined you want to appreciate flavors, work on getting satisfaction from your food, not guilt or remorse. To do this, you don't have to eat large amounts--you simply have to let the food sink into your awareness.
In other words, to feel satisfied by food, you have to be able to "get it".Savoring your food will help you feel satisfied. But sometimes you have to take it a step further and be willing to allow yourself a
sence of pleasure from eating.
When you give yourself permission to enjoy food instead of feeling guilty about eating it, you'll get the satisfaction you crave and you won't have to hunt for something more to eat.

WHAT DO YOU REALLY WANT?
Michelle had read that to overcome food cravings, she should go ahead and eat the food she wanted. But she couldn't seem to get this concept to work.
"One afternoon I was craving a brownie, so I ate one.
After I finished it, I decided that it wasn't quite what I wanted. Instead, I was actually hungry for Oreo cookies.
After eating serval cookies, I sensed they weren't exactly what I wanted either.
Then I figured out what I was really craving was something crunchy like M & M's. So I got out a bag of those and finished them off, but that still didn't quite do it. I don't understand why using the principle of 'eat what you want' doesn't make me feel satisfied."
Michelle's problem with not feeling satisfied wasn't related to food. Instead, what she probably wanted was to feel nurtured or appreciated or some other type of emotion. When you need emotional soothing, eating can often make you feel frustrated rather than healed.

TODAY....
**Recall a food or type of meal that's usually highly satisfying for you.
***CHICKEN
**Write a few words or sentences that describe how it feels to be satisfied by food.
***I love when I eat chicken one piece will satisfy me for awhile and I don't want to eat anything else.
**Eat at least one thing today with the intention of feeling satisfied. Appreciate the food and allow
  yourself to feel totally fulfilled by eating it.
I have been hungry for Roast Carrots and Potatoes so I had a weight watchers Roast Carrots & Potatoes and to my surprize I was satisfied.

No comments:

Post a Comment