Thursday, February 7, 2013

100 Days Of Weight Loss -- Day 38

100 DAYS OF WEIGHT LOSS--DAY 38

THURSDAY FEBRAURY 7,2013

FOOD AS POWER
Suppose two executives meet in a restaurant where they plan to negotiate a business deal. Each of them orders a plate of food, and then they eat while they discuss their plans. Usually the person who dominates the conversation is not the one on a diet.
In this setting, food relates to a perception of power.
With business meals as well as many stressful situations that involve food, eating can become linked to your need to feel stronger or have more power in life.

CONQUERING FOOD
You may have discovered that sometimes food helps you feel more important or confident. When you eat a huge amount of food, you may get a feeling of accomplishment or even a sense of "conquering" the meal.
For example, after you finish off a dozen doughnuts, a huge steak, or a large plate of spaghetti, something inside you might think, "See, I can do something in my life." It's almost as though food is the enemy and you just beat it!
In the same way, if you feel powerless in other areas of your life, food can provide a way to overcome feelings of insecurity. This certainly doesn't mean that you can't love eating great food. In fact, by appreciating flavors, you can enjoy the most most wonderful food in the world.
But look carefully at what food and eating does for you.
Maybe at times you don't even notice the taste of food at all. Instead, "loving to eat" simply gives you a sense of power in your life.

FOOD MAKES YOU FEEL STRONG
Maybe you've developed the habit of reaching for food when you feel insecure. Or you eat to pump up your courge before meeting with your boss or making a challenging presentation. Many people admit that during times when they feel stressed or anxious, they eat to feel strong.
It's easy to let food fill the emotional holes in your life so you don't have to fave them. If you're feeling uneasy or you want to boost your self-esteem, food will usually provide an easy solution.
Learn to recognize times when you're tempted to eat to feel strong. Instead of justifying it by saying "I love to eat," tackle the real issue and try to figure out how to become stronger emotionally--without reaching for food.

TODAY.....
**Think about situations or places in life where you feel that you do have power, as well as ones
    where you don't.
  Make a list of each of these.
***WHERE I DO                        WHERE I DON'T
    HOME                              GOLDEN CORRAL
    BOWLING                           CHINEESE
    THE DECK

**WRITE DOWN SEVERAL IDEAS FOR HOW YOU CAN FEEL POWERFUL WITHOUT
    USING FOOD TO MEET THIS NEED.
    {1} Drink water
    {2} Wait it out and see what happens, about 20 minutes
    {3} Occupy your mind.....Keeping busy you will often forget to eat

**Do something today that makes you feel strong and powerful as a person.made it this far.

Have faith in myself. I've made it this far. Ican make it through just one more day. And if  I take it just one day at a time, or even one moment at a time, I can survive whatever i'm going through. It won't be easy, and i'm not invincible, so take baby steps. When I feel like i'm about to fall apart, I closed my eyes and take a deep breath. Meditate or pray. Tell myself "I can handle this." Once I've centered myself, I opened my eyes and take one more step forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment