Friday, December 10, 2010

MY JOURNEY TO LOOSE THE POUNDS AND GAIN A NEW LIFE!!

MY JOURNEY TO LOOSE THE POUNDS AND GAIN A NEW LIFE!!

I am on a journey to lose weight. Sometimes I think it would be easier to ignore that person who is looking back at me in the mirror, I know it's going to take a lot of  hard work and commitment
to get the weight off.  I've always been told "You didn't put it on over night and you wont take it off over night". When I was in High School I never weighed over 110 lbs. After High School my weight
just sneaked up on me. I guess all those BBQ Chips and Cherry Pies caught up to me. Over the years I have tried different things to lose weight.In 2000 I lost 30 pounds on slim fast. Gained it back.
In 2004 I lost 70 pounds on Atkins after ending up with heart disease and doctor told me to stop it, I gained it all back. Then again in 2007, I lost 35 pounds on weight watchers. Cause of medical
problems and sever depression I gained it all back plus some. I'm miserable!! I am trying to do things this time to keep myself motivated!!

What makes this time any different from the other times? I guess I've reached the point where I WANT to change the person I am now. I don't like this person!! This person is always grumpy. This person has low self esteem. This person has no energy. This person is always depressed. This person hates herself. This person always walks around with a chip on her shoulders. This person stays emotionally drained.

When I got weighed at the dr. on 9-18-10 and found I lost 4 pounds in a month without tring! It gave me determination to diet once again. So 9-19 I started weight watchers on my own since I can't get
to the meetings and lost 31 pounds so far. I have a long way to go (39 lbs.) but I know I can do! I've finally decided enough is enough!!

I can either look the other way and think "I'll go on a diet tomorrow", we all know what "tomorrow" is all about. Tomorrow turns into days, months and even years. I've reached the point where I am
going to change that. I want to feel good about myself! I want to "LOVE" me!



                                    This picture was taken August 13,2010 at Gettysbugh, PA


No comments:

Post a Comment